Penne alla Vodka Sauce Recipe
"This was the first Italian dish I made for my husband and the kids. Not being Italian like them, I was a little nervous. I passed the test! This is now a family-favorite recipe that I usually double for entertaining." —Kathy Kochiss Mongillo, Trumball, Connecticut
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 8 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked penne pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir until slightly crisp. Stir in tomato sauce and vodka.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cream and heat through. Serve sauce with pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
3/4 cup (calculated without pasta and cheese) equals 265 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,117 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC