Penne alla Vodka Sauce
"This was the first Italian dish I made for my husband and the kids. Not being Italian like them, I was a little nervous. I passed the test! This is now a family-favorite recipe that I usually double for entertaining." —Kathy Kochiss Mongillo, Trumball, Connecticut
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 8 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked penne pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook
- and stir until slightly crisp. Stir in tomato sauce and vodka.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or
- until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cream and heat
- through. Serve sauce with pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without pasta and cheese) equals 265 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,117 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now