This easy and impressive pasta is always on the menu when my husband and I have new friends over for dinner. Years later, they've asked me to make it again. —Cara Langer, Overland Park, Kansas
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Penne alla Vodka in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne alla Vodka
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review