- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne alla Vodka
"One of the few recipes I have found that is quick, easy and delicious. I did not change one thing. In the future, I might use ham or chicken in place of the prosciutto just for another variation. It is pretty much perfect as it is, however. Thank you for sharing with us."
"This is a keeper! For us, though, this recipe easily makes enough for 8 servings."
"This was great. Easy and quick to make. I like salt but I did not add any, as the recipe says, because I thought it was salty enough. Just before I served it I sprinkled mozzarella on top. Would definitely make this again."
"This was fantastic - my husband wants to have it every week!"