- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, water
- and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on
- high 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Cover frosting with damp
- paper towels or plastic wrap between uses.
- Set aside half of frosting. Tint half of the remaining frosting
- black. Divide remaining frosting in half; tint one orange and the
- other red and/or green.
- Working quickly with the black frosting, pipe outlines of the
- penguins' bodies; fill in with thinned black frosting. Let dry at
- room temperature for several hours or until firm. Fill in centers of
- penguins with thinned white frosting; let dry until firm.
- Add eyes with the black and white frostings, orange noses and feet
- and red and/or green scarves. Let stand until set. Add white polka
- dots on the scarves. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com. The penguin cookie cutter is from Copper Gifts. Call 1-620/421-0654 or visit www.coppergifts.com.