Peking Shrimp Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the corn syrup, soy sauce, sherry, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper in oil for 3 minutes. Add shrimp; stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomato; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peking Shrimp(10)
Sort By :
Made this the other night for dinner...I don't see how this recipe could feed 4 people..not enough veggies. Three of us...with small appetites...finished the whole dish..it tastes okay but nothing special. If I make it again... I will add lots more vegetables.
I made this last night and it was delicious. I doubled the cornstarch mixture because I added squash, snow peas, and broccoli, plus the green pepper and tomato. Very healthy and light meal. Will definitely make this again.
We loved this recipe. I added the onion as was suggested and a few crushed red pepper flakes. Would recommend it!
Have made many times. Excellent dish.
I omitted the tomatoes and just added red pepper and green pepper with the shrimp. It was delicious. It tasted like sweet and sour shrimp. Will definetely eat again. I was impressed and suprised at how simple this was to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >