"Sour cream makes this the best quick bread I've ever come across," notes Audrey Lavoie. The Centerville, Ohio bake adds plenty of chopped pecans for a fun crunch that enhances the loaf's zucchini flavor.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and nuts.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pecan Zucchini Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Reviews for Pecan Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review