Pecan Wheat Waffles
Your bunch will say a big "yes" to breakfast when these wonderful waffles are on the menu, promises Susan Bell of Spruce Pine, North Carolina.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, bran, sugar, baking powder and
- salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg white, milk and oil; add
- to the dry ingredients. Fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 6 waffles (6-1/2-inch
Nutritional Facts: One waffle equals 233 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.