- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, bran, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg white, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients. Fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 6 waffles (6-1/2-inch diameter).
Originally published as Pecan Waffles in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p42
Reviews for Pecan Wheat Waffles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2011
I am making this today for the second time - my family loved it! The waffles are light and fluffy and just perfect. I love that they are healthier than traditional waffles. The pecans give it a delightful crunch.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >