"Colorful vegetables and toasted pecans make this a lovely dish to serve company. it takes a litle time to prepare the veggies, but you can cut them ahead and store in the refrigerator until cooking time. In the summer, I serve this dish on the side with burgers."
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; add pecans. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil. Add the beans, red pepper and broccoli; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add the snow peas, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, toss rice and parsley. Serve vegetables over rice; top with toasted pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Vegetable-Rice Medley in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p40
Reviews for Pecan Vegetable-Rice Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review