Pecan Tossed Salad Recipe
This simple salad relies on packaged salad greens that get flavor and crunch from toasted nuts. Preparation of the tasty vinaigrette is streamlined by using a packet of Italian salad dressing mix.—Bonnie Gluhanich, Muskegon, Michigan
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, water and salad dressing mix; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine greens, pecans and Parmesan cheese. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pecan Tossed Salad
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
"Great taste and love the Pecans"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC