Pecan Tossed Salad
This simple salad relies on packaged salad greens that get flavor and crunch from toasted nuts. Preparation of the tasty vinaigrette is streamlined by using a packet of Italian salad dressing mix.Bonnie Gluhanich, Muskegon, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, water
- and salad dressing mix; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine
- greens, pecans and Parmesan cheese. Just before serving, shake
- dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.