This simple salad relies on packaged salad greens that get flavor and crunch from toasted nuts. Preparation of the tasty vinaigrette is streamlined by using a packet of Italian salad dressing mix.—Bonnie Gluhanich, Muskegon, Michigan
Recommended: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, water and salad dressing mix; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine greens, pecans and Parmesan cheese. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p20
Reviews for Pecan Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
"Great taste and love the Pecans"