Pecan-Topped Sugar Cookies
This recipe dresses up refrigerated cookie dough with cream cheese and coconut. Folks love the almond flavor.
21 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, beat almond paste and cream cheese. Add coconut; mix well.
- Cut cookie dough into 1/2-in. slices; divide each slice into four
- Roll into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Shape
- 1/2 teaspoonfuls of almond mixture into balls; place one on each
- ball of dough. Lightly press pecans into tops.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 211 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.