This recipe dresses up refrigerated cookie dough with cream cheese and coconut. Folks love the almond flavor.
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, beat almond paste and cream cheese. Add coconut; mix well. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-in. slices; divide each slice into four portions.
- Roll into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of almond mixture into balls; place one on each ball of dough. Lightly press pecans into tops.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan-Topped Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p34
Reviews for Pecan-Topped Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review