Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie Recipe
People are often surprised to learn that carrots are the main ingredient in this tasty dessert. It's a different twist! —Darlene King, Estevan, Saskatchewan
- 4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 9-11 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Place the carrots, milk, eggs, pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; process 1 minute longer. Pour into pastry shell. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are browned. (Cover edges of crust with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.) Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC