Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie Recipe
- 4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 9-11 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place the carrots, milk, eggs, pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; process 1 minute longer. Pour into pastry shell. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are browned. (Cover edges of crust with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.) Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie(3)
Sort By :
I followed this recipe exactly with a homemade dough crust. It was delicious. It combines a pumpkin pie texture and pecan pie flavor. The 4 cups of carrots are almost in-detectable, but they do give it a beautiful orange color.
I followed this recipe exactly as written and it turned out perfectly. It received lots of compliments at Thanksgiving from both pumpkin-pie-loving and pecan-pie-loving family. The idea had been to kill two birds with one stone, and it definitely worked. I would make this pie again even for a non-holiday.
This has a great flavor and is easy to make. I made it in a graham cracker crust instead & it was tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Pie >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >