This versatile recipe couldn't be easier or yummier! Switch things up by using several different jams or jellies. —Georgia MacDonald, Dover, New Hampshire
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup preserves or jelly of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in egg white, then in pecans. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Cover and freeze until firm. Transfer cookie dough balls to a large resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Place dough balls 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. While warm, fill each with a teaspoonful of preserves. Cool completely. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Thumbprint Cookies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p57
Reviews for Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review