Pecan Tassies Recipe
These tarts are very good for parties and special occasions. You'll probably want to double the recipe, because they'll disappear in a hurry!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottom and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans; spoon into pastries. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is puffed. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze option: Freeze cooled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 242 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC