- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottom and up the sides of ungreased mini-muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans; spoon into pastries. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is puffed. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Tassies
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe exactly when I made these and was so disheartened when they wouldn't come out of the pans. I made a big mess trying to pry each one out and had to throw the whole thing away. And I used a non-stick pan! Anyone who wants to make these, I would say DEFINITELY spray the pan first! I wasted a lot of time and $ especially on the pecans."
"Made 2 batches following directions to the letter the first time. Changes I made: definitely spray pan!, bake about 15-16 minutes,only used 1/3 c. pecans in filling (did not use remainder). Not a sweet dessert but that is sometimes a good thing!"
"These turned out great! Everyone loved them...the only thing I would change is the baking time. 20 minutes seemed a little too long. Next time I make them I'm going to take them out at 15 minutes."