- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottom and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans; spoon into pastries. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is puffed. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Tassies
"I sprayed the pan as directed and they popped right out. I agree with scoop08, these aren't extra sweet, which is a good change after all the super sweet holiday goodies. I too didn't use all the filling, it didn't all fit. The size is perfect for popping the whole treat in you mouth at once. I'll make these again."
"I followed the recipe exactly when I made these and was so disheartened when they wouldn't come out of the pans. I made a big mess trying to pry each one out and had to throw the whole thing away. And I used a non-stick pan! Anyone who wants to make these, I would say DEFINITELY spray the pan first! I wasted a lot of time and $ especially on the pecans."
"Made 2 batches following directions to the letter the first time. Changes I made: definitely spray pan!, bake about 15-16 minutes,only used 1/3 c. pecans in filling (did not use remainder). Not a sweet dessert but that is sometimes a good thing!"
"These turned out great! Everyone loved them...the only thing I would change is the baking time. 20 minutes seemed a little too long. Next time I make them I'm going to take them out at 15 minutes."