The flaky crust combined with a rich center makes these little tarts a satisfying snack to serve and eat. They look so appealing on a pretty platter and make a great finger-food dessert when you're entertaining. They also freeze well. -Jean Rhodes, Tignall, Georgia
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Maraschino cherry halves, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy; blend in flour and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the egg. Add brown sugar, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spoon into tart shells.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing from pans. Garnish with maraschino cherries if desired. Yield: about 20.
Originally published as Pecan Tarts in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p33
Reviews for Pecan Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review