Pecan Swirls Recipe
Wanda Rascoe of Shreveport, Louisiana recommends these attractive nutty spirals. "Cream cheese makes the cookies rich and tender and the sweet filling showcases pecans," she relates.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into three portions. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 16x9-in. rectangle. Combine pecans and sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up each rectangle tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 2-in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 164 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC