Wanda Rascoe of Shreveport, Louisiana recommends these attractive nutty spirals. "Cream cheese makes the cookies rich and tender and the sweet filling showcases pecans," she relates.
42 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and
- fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into three portions. Wrap each
- in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 16-in. x 9-in.
- rectangle. Combine pecans and sugar; sprinkle over dough to within
- 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up each rectangle tightly jelly-roll style,
- starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2
- Unwrap and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 2-in. apart on lightly
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 164 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium,