Pecan Swirls Recipe
Wanda Rascoe of Shreveport, Louisiana recommends these attractive nutty spirals. "Cream cheese makes the cookies rich and tender and the sweet filling showcases pecans," she relates.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:42 servings
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into three portions. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 16-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine pecans and sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up each rectangle tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 2-in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 164 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC