I can't recommends these attractive nutty spirals highly enough. Cream cheese makes the cookies rich and tender and the sweet filling showcases chopped pecans. —Wanda Rascoe, Shreveport, Louisiana
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into three portions. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 16x9-in. rectangle. Combine pecans and sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up each rectangle tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unwrap and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 2-in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Swirls in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p8
Reviews for Pecan Swirls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review