Pecan Sweet Roll Rings Recipe
Jill Cooley of Raleigh, North Carolina relies on tubes of refrigerated crescent roll dough to create these tender treats. Loaded with chopped pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg, the eye-appealing rings feature a sweet glaze.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon over each rectangle; gently press into dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at a long side. Pinch seams to seal. Twist two or three times.
- Cut six shallow diagonal slits in each roll. Shape each into a ring; pinch ends together. Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining butter.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and syrup until smooth; drizzle over the warm rolls. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as Pecan Sweet Roll Rings in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p44
Reviews for Pecan Sweet Roll Rings(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review