A new twist on an old favorite, this tasty, easy-to-make sweet potato salad is sure to be the talk of your gathering. —Patricia Swart, Bridgeton, New Jersey
- 6 to 7 large sweet potatoes (about 5 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Stir in celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Gently stir into potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Sweet Potato Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p30
Reviews for Pecan Sweet Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2013
"My friend brought this to a get-together and I really loved it. She added Granny Smith apples to it for extra cruchiness - delicious."
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2010
"I took this to a covered dish and received rave reviews."