Pecan Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
This recipe originally started from my favorite banana bread recipe. I substituted sweet potatoes and made a few other adjustments to come up with this delicious quick bread.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the honey, sweet potatoes and dry pudding mix and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Sweet Potato Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC