Pecan Sweet Potato Bake
The recipe for this luscious souffle was handed down through my husband’s family, and it’s become a tradition for me to serve it during the holidays. Everyone loves it!
—Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until
- light and fluffy. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut
- in butter until crumbly. Fold in pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potato
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 419 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium,