This sweet and savory casserole is part of our traditional Christmas dinner. It goes great with any meaty entree. —Lynn McAllister, Mt. Ulla, North Carolina
- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Cool slightly; peel and cube.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Stir in the sugar, milk, 1/4 cup butter, eggs, flour, salt and vanilla. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p18
Reviews for Pecan Sweet Potato Bake with Cinnamon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review