After I bought too many nuts for a different recipe, I decided to put the leftovers to use in a batch of cookies. Coconut and apricots add a little "surprise" to every bite. —Jean Ohnigian, Havertown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Fall Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Surprises in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p30
Reviews for Pecan Surprises
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review