Pecan Sunrise Coffee Cake Recipe
Cathy Murray of Acushnet, Massachusetts remembers her mom making this luscious breakfast treat when she was growing up. The crunchy topping with its hint of orange flavor is hard to forget. “I still love it today,“ Cathy says.
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Arrange pecans over batter.
- 2. For topping, combine sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 square) equals 307 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Sunrise Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC