Pecan Sunrise Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Arrange pecans over batter.
- 2. For topping, combine sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving: 307 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Sunrise Coffee Cake
"I made this for my parents and served it with coffee. It was great - not too sweet. I didn't have grated orange peel so I substituted 1-1/2 tsp. cinnmon instead. It came out great."