Pecan Sunrise Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Arrange pecans over batter.
- For topping, combine sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Sunrise Coffee Cake in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p61
Reviews for Pecan Sunrise Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2011
"I made this for my parents and served it with coffee. It was great - not too sweet. I didn't have grated orange peel so I substituted 1-1/2 tsp. cinnmon instead. It came out great."