- 2 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in two 13x9-in. baking dishes; add 1/2-in. water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Turn squash over; sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; stir in pecans. Spoon into squash cavities.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is lightly browned and squash is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan-Stuffed Butternut Squash
"This is one of my husband and my favorite squash recipes! Thanks for the wonderful and easy recipe!"
"Looks so pretty and is so simple to do!"
"I did not salt and pepper the squash, but instead I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar all over the squash before baking. At the end of the cooking, I turned on the broiler and bruleed the tops. It was delicious. I am going to tried the stuffing with other sweet squashes, such as sweet dumpling and golden nugget."
"I am not a big fan of cream cheese but this recipe is awesome! quick & easy. I know to make extra next time."
"Best squash recipe that I have ever had, also good with acorn ssquash"
"My husband and I thought this was delicious, but the little ones (3 & 5) weren't crazy about it."