I love autumn, when butternut squash is at its peak. This is one of my favorite ways to prepare it. The squash is tender, and the creamy pecan filling is fabulous. —Sheryl Little, Sherwood, Arkansas
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; add 1/2-in. water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Turn squash over; sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; stir in pecans. Spoon into squash cavities.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is lightly browned and squash is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Stuffed Butternut Squash in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p65
Reviews for Pecan-Stuffed Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review