- 2 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; add 1/2-in. water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Turn squash over; sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; stir in pecans. Spoon into squash cavities.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is lightly browned and squash is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Stuffed Butternut Squash
Sort By :
"Looks so pretty and is so simple to do!"
"I did not salt and pepper the squash, but instead I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar all over the squash before baking. At the end of the cooking, I turned on the broiler and bruleed the tops. It was delicious. I am going to tried the stuffing with other sweet squashes, such as sweet dumpling and golden nugget."
"I am not a big fan of cream cheese but this recipe is awesome! Quick & easy. I know to make extra next time."
"Best squash recipe that I have ever had, also good with acorn ssquash"
"My husband and I thought this was delicious, but the little ones (3 & 5) weren't crazy about it."