Pecan Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; add 1/2-in. water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Turn squash over; sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; stir in pecans. Spoon into squash cavities.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is lightly browned and squash is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Stuffed Butternut Squash(3)
Sort By :
I am not a big fan of cream cheese but this recipe is awesome! Quick & easy. I know to make extra next time.
Best squash recipe that I have ever had, also good with acorn ssquash
My husband and I thought this was delicious, but the little ones (3 & 5) weren't crazy about it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >