Chock-full of berries and rhubarb, this pretty cobbler is the perfect finale for a dinner for two. Pecans in the topping and the delicious dessert sauce make it extra special. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons marsala wine
- Combine the first six ingredients; divide between two greased 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit mixture; spread evenly.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine ice cream and wine. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until heated through; stir until blended. Serve with warm cobbler. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler in Country Woman April/May 2009, p38
Reviews for Pecan Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review