Chock-full of berries and rhubarb, this pretty cobbler is the perfect finale for a dinner for two. Pecans in the topping and the delicious dessert sauce make it extra special. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons marsala wine
- Combine the first six ingredients; divide between two greased 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit mixture; spread evenly.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine ice cream and wine. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until heated through; stir until blended. Serve with warm cobbler. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler in Country Woman April/May 2009, p38
Reviews for Pecan Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2013
"I'm going to try doubling the fruit portion next time."
Reviewed May. 21, 2012
"Loved it alot!! Will definitely make it again."