- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Gradually add flour, mixing until blended. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden.
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt until smooth. Pour over crust; sprinkle with pecans. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Squares(12)
Sort By :
If u like pecan pie....you'll love these
Fantastic easy. Have mde it twice. This is a keeper.
I made this it was very good i used walnuts didn't have pecans i didn't cook the bottom as long 15min and then put the mixture on top they were so good
i found this recipe very disappointing. the crust burnt and the mixtured overflowed into the outer edges of the pan. will just stick with th pie.
This is a great recipe, but it is definitely tricky! I had issues with overflow and a gooey crust the first time. The second time, I used parchment paper and it made a world of difference! It held onto the crust tighter than just a greased pan, so there was little overflow of the filling over the crust. Also, once the bars were cooled in the fridge overnight I just pulled the parchment paper out of the pan and dropped it onto a cutting board and cut the bars with a pizza slicer. Worked great! They are nice and neat and taste amazing!