Pecan Spice Drops
I was thrilled when a dear friend shared her grandmother's spice cookie recipe with me. She assured me I would love them...and she was right!
27 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a
- time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the
- flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually add to the creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 235 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.