- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Spice Drops in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p22
Reviews for Pecan Spice Drops(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
I make and bake these cookies every year as part of my Christmas cookie baking. I enjoy smelling the aromas from cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and more. They are outstanding out of the oven.