Apple and sausage keep every bite of this stuffing moist and delicious, while toasted pecans add a bit of crunch. Fresh herbs are a nice touch, too.
- 1-1/2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed and toasted
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage or 4 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 2 to 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. In the same skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the bread cubes, apples, pecans, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and onion mixture to the sausage. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 21 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Pecan Sausage Stuffing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p114
Reviews for Pecan Sausage Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review