OUR GRANDCHILDREN go through these cookies like locusts in a wheat field! I always tell my husband to try hiding them when the grandkids come, but their little noses find them every time.
-Martha Crowe, La Plata, Maryland
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar; stir in vanilla. Add flour; mix
- on low until well blended. Stir in pecans; mix well. Chill for 30
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 15-18 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.