Pecan Sandies Cookies
Whenever Mother made these cookies, there never seemed to be enough! Even now when I make them, they disappear quickly. These melt-in-your mouth treats are great with a cold glass of milk or a steaming mug of hot chocolate.
Debbie Carlson, San Diego, California
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add water and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and
- flatten with fingers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about
- 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 239 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.