Pecan Sandies Cookies
Whenever Mother made these cookies, there never seemed to be enough! Even now when I make them, they disappear quickly. These melt-in-your mouth treats are great with a cold glass of milk or a steaming mug of hot chocolate.
Debbie Carlson, San Diego, California
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix
- well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and
- flatten with fingers.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden
- brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 239 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.