Pecan Salmon Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) small shell pasta
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until blended; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain pasta. Add the pasta, salmon, peas, pecans and pimientos to the skillet. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with potato chips. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.