Pecan Rounds Recipe
I developed this recipe when a friend shared her pecan crop with me. These cookies are always on my family's "must make" list.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:39 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC