I developed this recipe when a friend shared her pecan crop with me. These cookies are always on my family's "must make" list.
39 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans and salt;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two
- 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or
- until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until
- edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Roll warm
- cookies in cinnamon-sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.