- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Rounds in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p93
Reviews for Pecan Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review