This recipe is so delicious and is sure to become a favorite of your family. The pecans make them so rich.Ms. Lee B. Roberts, Racine, Wisconsin
96 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix
- well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured
- surface, roll out one portion into an 18x8-in. rectangle. Cut
- widthwise into six 3-in. sections; cut each section into 3x1-in.
- strips. Roll each strip around a pecan half; place 1 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Repeat.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container at room
- temperature, or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium,