Pecan Roll-Ups Recipe
This recipe is so delicious and is sure to become a favorite of your family. The pecans make them so rich.—Ms. Lee B. Roberts, Racine, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 96 pecan halves (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and salt until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Dust a work surface with confectioners' sugar. Roll each portion of dough into an 18x8-in. rectangle; cut dough crosswise into six 3-in.-wide sections. Cut each section crosswise into eight 1-in.-wide strips. Roll each strip around a pecan half; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cookies in confectioners' sugar, coating well.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving; dust with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 8 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC