This recipe is so delicious and is sure to become a favorite of your family. The pecans make them so rich.—Ms. Lee B. Roberts, Racine, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 96 pecan halves (about 2 cups)
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and salt until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half; shape each into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Dust a work surface with about 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Roll one portion of dough into an 18x8-in. rectangle; cut dough crosswise into six 3-in.-wide sections. Cut each section crosswise into eight 1-in.-wide strips. Roll each strip around a pecan half; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and pecans, dusting work surface with an additional 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll cookies in sugar, coating well.
Freeze option: Bake and roll cookies in confectioners' sugar as directed. Freeze in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper, up to 3 months. Thaw before serving; dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Roll-Ups in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p93
Reviews for Pecan Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review