- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In a large saucepan, saute pecans in 2 tablespoons butter until toasted; remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Stir in the broth, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots; simmer 3-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Stir in toasted pecans and remaining parsley. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Rice Pilaf in Freezer Meals Bookazine 2013, p112
Reviews for Pecan Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review