Pecan-Raisin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 11 to 12 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- In a very large bowl, combine 8 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a large saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half into a 24-in. x 15-in. rectangle. Brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long sides; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 24 rolls. Place rolls, cut side up, in four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over warm rolls. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan-Raisin Cinnamon Rolls(3)
Sort By :
This recipe also works without eggs as well, the cinnamon buns are just as good or better. You don't have to compensate with the other ingredients either.
I've made these several times and my family loves them. Although I did scale down this recipe and only make 24 at a time.
If you want something that the whole family will love---this is a must try. I have made them for family gatherings & always try to make sure I have some in the freezer for guest.