The tempting aroma of these freshly baked cinnamon rolls always sells them! I bake hundreds for two annual fund-raising events in our community. —Marvel Irvine, Alta, California
- 11 to 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- In a very large bowl, combine 8 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a large saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half into a 24-in. x 15-in. rectangle. Brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long sides; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 24 rolls. Place rolls, cut side up, in four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over warm rolls. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan-Raisin Cinnamon Rolls in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p69
Reviews for Pecan-Raisin Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review