Pecan Raisin Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add pecans and raisins.
- 4. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 227 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Pecan Raisin Bread
"this was absolutely delicious!! Didn't last long with my hubby"
"This bread was flavorful and easy to make."