“We love raisin bread and also enjoy the nutty flavor of pecans, so I decided to combine the two for this delectable loaf,” shares Lora Sexton of Wellington, Texas. “It smells terrific and the taste…oh-so good!”
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add pecans and raisins.
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Pecan Raisin Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p61
Reviews for Pecan Raisin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2011
"this was absolutely delicious!! Didn't last long with my hubby"
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2011
"This bread was flavorful and easy to make."