- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add pecans and raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (2-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Pecan Raisin Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p61
Reviews for Pecan Raisin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2011
"this was absolutely delicious!! Didn't last long with my hubby"
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2011
"This bread was flavorful and easy to make."