“We love raisin bread and also enjoy the nutty flavor of pecans, so I decided to combine the two for this delectable loaf,” shares Lora Sexton of Wellington, Texas. “It smells terrific and the taste…oh-so good!”
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add pecans and raisins.
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Pecan Raisin Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p61
Reviews forPecan Raisin Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review