Pecan Pumpkin Torte Recipe
Times were lean when I was younger, so we would tend a big vegetable garden packed with tomatoes, beans, zucchini and pumpkin. I've been relying on the recipe for this pretty pumpkin cake for years.
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- Pecan halves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in chopped pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Place one cake layer on a serving platter; spread with a third of the frosting. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 528 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Torte
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2010
"best cake in the world"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC