Pecan Pumpkin Torte Recipe
Times were lean when I was younger, so we would tend a big vegetable garden packed with tomatoes, beans, zucchini and pumpkin. I've been relying on the recipe for this pretty pumpkin cake for years.
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- Pecan halves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in chopped pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Place one cake layer on a serving platter; spread with a third of the frosting. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 528 calories, 27 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC